Prohibited Areas, OMD & Ads
Prohibited Areas(Rule 31) : No Advertisements or Outdoor Media Devices shall be allowed in the following areas :
In front or / inside the compound of / on the walls of any –
- Building of archaeological, architectural, aesthetically, historical or heritage importance;
- Places of worship or religious significance including Temple, Mosque, Church & Gurudwara etc.;
- Statues, minarets or pillars of heritage importance;
- Educational institutions;
- Traffic stations,
- In exceptional circumstances, the Municipal Authority in consultation with the relevant authority would consider applications on a case-by-case basis. For example – for tourist service/accommodation businesses, Outdoor Media Devices may be permitted as part of a regional tourist plan.
- The Municipal Authority have the power to add the specific area in Prohibited List of Area for Outdoor Media Device.